Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blog started 3/31/11 1:30 pm I'm so excited...

...that I just can't hide it! I think Kevin is starting to get annoyed with all of my sporadic comments. But I can't help it! Every time I do something I think "I could be a Mommy next time I fold laundry" or "Next time I drive down this street I could have a Max in the backseat" I mean this is important stuff! :)

I didn't blog about this earlier because I didn't want to jinx myself but here is how the last week played out. As I posted in the last blog, Dr. K was out of town so I saw a different Dr. on Tuesday and was dilated to 3cm. Well Wednesday my husband went out of town for a little ski trip (to make matters worse he was with my Dad and little brother) so three of the most important men in my life were at least 8 hours away. Kevin missed our birthing class and was embarrassed to tell 5 other pregnant women he left me so close to my due date so he made me tell them he was on a one night business trip! Coward! :) My BFF Heather went with me instead. Mom came down on Thursday afternoon to stay with me. Thursday evening Ashley, Jennie, and Heather threw a shower for all of my Wichita friends! It was fantastic...ice cream bar, cup cakes, and great people! Thursday night as Mom and I were putting away the gifts I felt something a bit strange. I grabbed myself and made the "oh crap" face and the first thing Mom thought was that my water broke...could you imagine what an ordeal that would have been?!? Well it wasn't my water breaking but I did lose my mucous plug so neither of us slept very well that night. I just knew we would have to call the guys and make them come home. We went back to Hoisington for the weekend and I spent all Saturday with family and friends (ok really I think they just passed me around so that I was never by myself but that's ok with me). My mom also went out of town on Sat. so I had very specific orders to walk slowly and sit whenever possible! :) The guys came back Saturday night. Sunday afternoon was Neen's bridal shower and then we headed back to Wichita Sunday evening.

FYI: This blog was actually started on Thursday, March 31st over my lunch break from work. I was planning on completing the blog and posting week 38 Max pictures later that night but as you all know... Max was born that night!!! So here are the pictures from week 38.








To complete the post I have to add that I had another Dr.'s appointment on Tuesday the 29th. At that time Dr. K stripped my membranes and told me to cross my fingers that we would see each other again in a few days in the delivery room. Sure enough--he was right! I started having contractions around 11:30 Thursday night and tried to go back to bed. I couldn't take it anymore and woke Kevin up about 3:30 am. I also called the Dr.'s hotline and she told me that even though the contractions were about 3 min apart they might be Braxton Hicks and to take a Benadryl. Ha! They were real and around 4:00 am we headed to the hospital. I stayed there for an hour and didn't progress any so they were going to send me home but then Max's fetal tones weren't right so they ended up admitting me. Mom and Bryan showed up about 6:00 am and the games began! I'll post more later as my little munchkin is stirring.

No comments:

Post a Comment