Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Monday, July 25, 2011

Prayer

Boy how my prayers have changed over the last few months. I will start by saying that I was never really a "stop everything and pray" kind of girl. When I read posts asking for prayers on Facebook I generally would think of the individual or situation for a few seconds and then move on. If there were someone or something that I felt strongly about I would pray for miracles, asking God to cure or fix whatever needed to be cured or fixed completely. I know miracles happen...I've seen them. I have also witnessed miracles not happen. Hence my new prayer "strategy". Now days as I scroll through FB, the prayer requests really catch my attention. I stop at that very moment and say my "revised" miracle prayer. I ask God to heal the person completely as I did before but at the end I throw in a little twist. I now include a part asking God to also look after the people who love the sick or injured person and to let them know that sometimes miracles don't happen but that they will make it through. And at the very end I say something along the lines of "please help everyone to know that the love they have for each other will still be present even if they can't be together on Earth."

I think it's amazing how much an eight week old beautiful baby boy taught his Momma about prayer and life. I love you Maxton and I miss you.

2 comments:

  1. :( Kelci, Thank you for writing this, you are so right even when a loved one isnt here on earth anymore I will always have their love and no one can take that away.Thank you agian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelci~ Everytime I read one of your posts, I have tears that well up in my eyes. You are a tremendous person for all of your insight. You are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete