Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Monday, August 1, 2011

And Then There were 4...





So there it is...our BIG news!





Whew...I never thought I would be blogging about being pregnant with my second child only four months after having my first. And I sure didn't believe that I would be using a chalk board at a cemetery to do it. But I'm making life work for me. :) In an odd way it is sort of comforting to believe that Maxton already knows his brother or sister and that maybe he hand picked this child for Kevin and me. :) Mr. Max was a good baby and I'm hoping he taught Baby #2 a few lessons on taking "baffies" and how to snuggle with Mommy.

So you might be asking how it is that Kevin and I decided it was "the right time" to add Baby Burkey #2 into our little family. Well you see, there were many factors that played in but in the end I think we both just knew!

We miss our son very much and are in no way trying to "replace" him. I truly believe it would be nearly impossible to replicate how perfect Maxton was for us. He taught us how to be good parents and in the end he strengthened our love for each other. So while we will continue to cry for what we are missing out on we will smile for what is yet to come with Max's little brother or sister. :)

10 comments:

  1. What WONDERFUL news! I am so happy for you and Kevin! You will have one special angel watching over you thru your pregnancy! Maxton will never be replaced he will always be the big brother! Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelci & Kevin - Congratulations!! I don't believe that anyone will think that you are trying to replace Maxton, because we all know, that is not possible. That little man was put on this earth, even though just for a short time, for a special purpose from God. He came to give happiness, sadness, understanding, compassion and tons of love! I am sure you and Kevin will forever feel Max's presence in your lives and I know he will always be that guardian angel for his brother(s) and sister(s). May God bless your entire family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing news! I have never cried so many happy tears before. Mr. Max already knows who this little person that God decided to bless your lives with. Too bad angels don’t tell secrets. :) I wish you the best pregnancy ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears of JOY and a smile so big it almost hurts:)

    What an amazing blessing. I love you all(all 4 of you) so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelci ive never felt so much joy for three special someones ever in my life than i feel right now for you kevin and Mr.Maxton!! Congratulations on the new addition and yes your absolutely right...Maxton is the best big brother in the world!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Your courage throughout has been incredible. You are so loved by so many and deserve the happiness your new addition will bring. Think of you so often with fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! No, this one will not/ cannot replace baby Max but I can tell you from experience that it is soothing and it will help! I think about you every day!!! Lots of love, Abbie and Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting and I know Maxton is excited as well! Best of luck to you!

    Kelli @ loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What wonderful news! We hope you're feeling good & everything is going great! Becca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to read of your loss of your young son. I googled my last name, looking for some genealogy information, and read your blog. I wish you and your family all the best in the future.

    Sincerely,
    mike maxton

    p.s. I liked the anecdote about calling your baby "max" from the start, instead of "it". Any particular reason you named your son Maxton? It's not a common first or last name. (mikemaxton at maxtonfamily dotcom)

    ReplyDelete