Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1/2 of a Snow Day!

Kevin and I woke up this morning sorta early, only pushed snooze twice, and were out of bed by 7:30! That's early for us. We were going to start trying to get up by 6:00 AM everyday to prepare for Max but then we decided that we should take advantage of sleeping in while we could. So most days we are snuggled up until at least 7:50. :) Well today we knew that driving to work would probably be a bit rough with the 12 inches of predicted snow so up "early" it was.

I'm not sure what possesses people to go to a bank with blizzard conditions going on outside? I mean really...what is important enough to hop in your freezing car, drive on snow packed roads, and walk into a financial institution with tiny pellets hitting your face for? Oh you need checks...I promise you'll still need them tomorrow. What's that...you want a loan? We're more likely to say yes tomorrow when we can feel our fingers so come back then! I guess some people just don't get it. So for those people that were CRAZY, my co-workers and I all showed up and put in our 6 hours worth of work until Big Bob decided that we should all be at home. :) Thanks for the 1/2 snow day CUA! :)
I drive an X-terra which looks totally rugged but I opted for the cheaper version...without 4-wheel drive. STUPID! I made it home with only 2 scares of getting stuck in the huge drifts. I didn't get to park in the carport because of said drifts so my "beasty" vehicle sat in the tow zone until my hubby could move the drift for me. :) What a good hubby!

When I got home I was really planning on taking advantage of the extra time by doing some laundry. I put on my sweats, gathered the laundry in the basket, and got all the way to the bed when I decided laundry wasn't going to happen today. What a nice little snooze I got in before Kevin got home. I made yummy chili for supper, looked at super cute baby bedding for Max, and am now drinking hot chocolate getting ready to cozy up on the couch with the love of my life to watch a girly movie. Now that's a great way to spend a snow day!

Oh and Max and I were supposed to have an appointment today but I decided that it would be better to reschedule for a safer day. So we go to Dr. K's on Friday! I'll update you then!

Happy Snowy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment