Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know...it's been a LONG time since I've blogged. It's not that I haven't done anything exciting because I have (hello...I'm not a total loser). I guess I've just been "busy". You know, with important stuff, like growing a baby! :)

So here is a quick run down of the highlights.


Max was supposed to have his/her week 30 appointment on Feb. 1st but Wichita had a pretty large snowstorm so it was postponed until Feb. 4th. Dr. K says that everything still looks like a go for mid-April. Max's heartbeat was at 132 BPM and the nurse said he/she must have been sleeping because he/she was being very cooperative. What a good little Max.

The Steelers lost the Superbowl on Sunday the 5th and it was a sad day in the Burkey house.

We went to watch Bryce wrestle on the 10th in Marion. Oh how he is growing up. He is going to be 17 in April! Yikes. But he's still got a ways to go...the kid wears zip up ties! How funny! We ended the evening by taking Bryce and Zac S. (Mom and Tammy were in the minivan) to McPherson where we got to visit with JoRae, Tana-banana, and Heidi Mae. I'm not sure how you can feel "old" at the ripe age of 25 but those kids sure do it to me! :)




Friday we had a couple over for tacos and game night. They have an 8 month old son so dinner conversations were filled with warnings and horror stories. :)
It was a lot of fun and we've already made plans to get together again soon.

This weekend Mom and Dad came down to do a few fixer-upper things around the house. Dad and Kevin spent all Saturday night fixing our leaky bathtub and Mom and I did the girl thing...shop, fix supper, decorate. It was a late night so we slept in on Sunday, made waffles for breakfast, did a few more things around the house, and then went shopping some more. Dad still doesn't understand that shopping is an art and must not be rushed! (On a side note: Mom broke her ring finger a while back and hasn't been able to wear her wedding band. So for her birthday she got to pick out a new ring! Very pretty I must say! ) Sunday night we decided that a buffet was the way to go. Bad idea people...I ate like it was my last meal on earth and had acid indigestion the whole night. But it was totally worth it...not just because of the food but because the lady who rang us up gave Dad and Mom the senior citizen's discount!!!! Ha Ha Ha! Oh it was fantastic! Mom didn't like the idea but Dad was excited to save a few dollars. :)



And here they are: Max pictures for week 32! Our Max is getting so darn big! Sometimes my belly feels like it can't get any bigger and then I remember that I still have 8 weeks to go! And I'm pretty sure that the small slit in my stomach is no longer considered a belly button. :( I hope you like small spaces little boy/girl because this Momma's belly is about Maxed out...lol Get it? Maxed out! We have another appointment tomorrow so I'll keep you posted.






Here's to wishing you all a day filled with {Love} and HaPpINesS.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin and Kelci...

    Great update!! We are so glad to know that Max is still growing and that all is well. We have been thinking about you guys a lot and cannot wait to meet Max!! Kelci, you look beautiful!

    We were sad about the Steeler's loss, but it was a great game!!

    Hopefully we can see you guys soon! Gracie and Tim say hello!! Much love, Becca & Scott

    ReplyDelete