Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I just {LOVE} Christmas! And I can't believe that it's here already!
We did an early Christmas with the Boxberger side of our family last weekend so that everyone could be there. My little cousins are all growing up so fast and it's so fun watching Gabby and Mal open their gifts. They are at that age where everything is so exciting and every gift is awesome to them.

Kevin and I opened out stocking presents yesterday morning since we knew today was going to be hectic. I got a ton of smell good body wash, slippers, and cute panties. Kevin got new dress socks, batman under-roos (what a funny sight) and a Steelers stocking cap. And even though a certain man in our house said that it was unnecessary to buy our unborn child Christmas gifts, there was a surprise in our little avocado's stocking. In haphazard wrapping and scratchy letters there was a baby sized package that said "To Max From Daddy". And I cried...I'm not sure that a present should be so important but that gesture said something to me. Kevin thinks of Max as a part of our family. I get to feel Max every day so I know he/she is real but Kevin doesn't have that constant reminder. All he sees is my ever growing belly. But he's starting to get it... there really is a beautiful child in there waiting for him to love. :) So yes...I cried over a onesie with a spaceship that said "My daddy is out of this world" but I know that little baby shirt will be the best present I get this year!




We wish you all a very merry Christmas filled with family, friends, love and laughter!


Love,

The Burkey Family

Kevin, Kelci and Max

No comments:

Post a Comment