Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Thursday, January 20, 2011

What a Weekend!

I sure do enjoy long weekends and we made the most of it!

Friday we went to GB and spent the evening with Bob and Darlene. We chatted a bit and Darlene spent a great deal of time guessing Max's "real" name. :) Only 3 more months G-ma Burkey and you'll know! Then Kevin treated us to Braums! Isn't it funny that even on a cold evening ice cream tastes great?!?

Saturday Kevin stayed in GB and helped his dad and played some basketball with his friend Matt. I went to Hoisington and saw a few of my favorite girlies play volleyball! And this preggo lady did a bit of digging/setting/spiking herself! It felt fantastic and reminded me that I NEED to find an old lady league around Wichita to play in soon. Sat evening was dedicated to the Steeler's game! It was a lot of fun! Andi, Sean, and Ly were there along with Pat and Barb. The game was super exciting but watching Barb and Darlene was even better! Oh and Miss Thang {LOVES} her Uncle Kevin! We played the whole time and she spent a lot of time with me but when she had the choice she went to Uncle Kev...he made sure to rub it in. :)

Sunday we went to church, ate lunch with G-ma Box, watched more v-ball and then my whole family loaded up to watch Kevin play basketball in GB. And I got more Braums...I promise I didn't ask for it...it just appeared! I guess my family thinks I need ice cream? :) Then home for a game of marbles.

Monday was a day of sanding. We received an old table and chairs from a friend of a friend and they are really nice but they needed a bit of love. Over the course of the last 6 months we sanded and stained the table and are using it. The chairs, however, have taken a bit longer as they are VERY labor intensive. My dad had the day off so Kevin, Dad, and I (Bryce conveniently found another more important activity to do) spent the whole day sanding, staining, and varnishing...well I sanded and they did the rest. I wouldn't say the chairs turned out great but they look pretty good and they are special because we put work into them.

Then we went out to eat with Mom, Dad, Bryce, his girlfriend Abi, and two of his other friends. My dad took us to Backroads grill in Galatia so that Kevin could try to eat the "buckshot", a 1 lb burger with lots of bacon, and ham piled on top. Let's just say it wasn't even a challenge for my hubby! I'm so proud of him. :) Then back to the parents house for a bit of Foosball where Bryce and Kevin were the champs. Then we said goodbye and headed for home.

All in all it was a great weekend and we enjoyed every minute we got to spend with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment