Wedding Day Bliss

Wedding Day Bliss

Saturday, May 28, 2011

What Do Babies Wear to Heaven?

Our amazing little Maxton is already there I'm sure. So why then do I keep asking myself this same question. Somehow nothing seems right. I want him to be comfy and snuggly like he was when he slept with his Mommy and Daddy. But at the same time I want him to be dressed up because he looked so darn cute in his little suit. Hmm... and why is this the question that seems to keep popping into my head? Maybe it's because this question has logical answers where as all of the other questions have answers that are hard to wrap my mind around. I know the hard ones will never really be explained and I think I've come to terms with that. I'm going to be honest in saying that it's taken over a week to attain this mentality but I know I can't spend the rest of my life saying why and what if. So for tonight I'll stick with the easy one...snuggly or handsome...or maybe something in between? :)




3 comments:

  1. i know it isn't the same, but during preparations for my 3rd brain surgery in december (i'm having another in a week) i had to talk with my Mom about what i wanted to be done if i went Home instead of home. i'm 24, just to give you an idea. anyway, i'm the kind of girl that would NEVER sacrifice comfort for looks, almost to a fault, and i told my Mom that if she buried me in a dress or skirt i would haunt her the rest of her life. :-P

    that was my way of saying, "STAY TRUE TO ME."

    so i know your time was limited with Max, tragically so, but as his parents you knew him best. what do you think he'd have preferred? was he more laid back or "just so"?

    i'm praying for you during this unimaginable time. we lost my uncle to suicide last month & my Mom and i are temporarily living with my Grandma as she deals with the loss of her firstborn, her ONLY son, realizing having her daughter still here will never make up for missing him. i see what she goes through, and she had him for over 50 years... i know our pain & her struggles are only a glimpse of what you are enduring, which is why i will make sure i am keeping you & your husband in my prayers as well as all those who also love your boy.

    i know you'll make the right decision. :-)

    - michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good question. :) Whichever you choose to put your precious little Max in will be just right for him. Maybe one of Mommy and Daddy's favorites (that he wore often)? I know when I was at Arkansas Children’s Hospital after Beau was born I found myself one night asking if he were to be called home to our Lord, what would he wear? Since the only thing he wore up to that point was a diaper, lying under a heat lamp. Which made me smile and asking myself "Could you imagine!" :) (which really helped at the time). But in my head I knew it would be his coming home outfit. Kelci and Kevin, I know you guys will make the right decision. I continue to pray and ask the Lord to comfort and give you strength. I think every question running through your mind is normal. >HUGS<

    Licia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you and your husband must be in. I will be praying for the two of you and pray that the right outfit comes to you.

    ReplyDelete